Claire Goodwin
Civil Marriage Celebrant
Justice of the Peace
Affordable Marriage Celebrant Home. Services Provided. Getting Married. Overseas Info. Ceremonies. Photos. Fees. Contact.

10/11©  02 4352 2571; 0402 573 301

Overseas Visitors

Thank you for your enquiry to my web site.  Our beautiful sunshine country of Australia is a very attractive venue for overseas visitors who wish to travel and marry. Each state is unique in its own way, offering so many attractions!

We live overseas:  Where can we obtain the Notice of Intention to Marry (NOIM)?

Or CLICK HERE:    Notice of Intended Marriage  (NOIM)

When should we send the Notice of Intention to Marry to the Celebrant in Australia?

What is the Legal Age to be Married?  

Must our Documents be translated to English?

What documents must we provide?

The documents required for a marriage in Australia are:

Do we need to provide the Celebrant ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS?    YES  

Legally a person can only be married once at any given time.  

Registered Marriage Certificate

Once the marriage has been solemnised, your Celebrant will Register the Marriage with the NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages or the Registry in the appropriate State.  You will be required to complete the application form and acquire the Registered Marriage Certificate from BDM.  

You are advised to check with your Embassy or Government body to ascertain that your Marriage Certificate should require an Apostille stamp. Click on the links below for more information  or or Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade